We, the people of the United States of America,
hold these truths to be self-evident -- that great innovators drive America's unsurpassed economic success; that innovation creates jobs, markets and industries where none existed before; and that innovation moves us forward as a nation, pushing us to succeed and strive for a better tomorrow.
Staying true to our legacy and our obligation to the life, liberty and happiness of future Americans, we hereby declare that innovation is and should be a key national priority and strategy for this nation.
We urge policies that promote innovation:
· We believe in welcoming and keeping the best and brightest minds in the United States.
· We believe U.S. companies should be able to innovate without fear of frivolous lawsuits or burdensome legal woes.
· We believe that more spectrum must be available for wireless broadband.
· We believe American innovators should be able to buy and sell their products around the world.
· We believe in cutting the federal deficit.
Americans create valuable inventions, content and ideas. To continue this storied tradition -- and solidify prospects for future generations -- we must return innovation to its rightful place at the center of America's economic policy.
Today, I pledge my commitment to innovation and my support for the policies that ensure innovation remains the strategic advantage of the United States of America.
Members of the Innovation Movement